The Highland Park Montessori Schools consist of 4 school campuses located on the beautiful North Shore. Highland Park Montessori, located at 1301 Clavey Road, opened its doors in 1987 and is directed by Carol Ann Lee. Montessori Connection West, located at 1731 Deerfield Road, opened its doors in 1993 and is directed by Norma Morley. Montessori Connection East, located at 330 Laurel Avenue, opened its doors in 1996 and is directed by Patricia Parker. All three of these schools are located in Highland Park. Expanding to the Glencoe community in 2013, Glencoe Montessori located at 556 Vernon Avenue is directed by Carol Ann Lee.
The Highland Park Montessori Schools are dedicated to creating an environment where children feel comfortable and are able to learn in a respectful, caring community. To realize this goal we have created Montessori schools where children can be themselves in an atmosphere of freedom and responsibility. They are places where little ones will come joyfully and become absorbed and interested in their learning.
We will help the children become creative, competent human beings who are fully aware of themselves, of others and of the world around them. Our goal is to create a love of learning, self-motivation, increased self-esteem, persistence, concentration and habits of inner discipline and order.